Friday 8 June 2012

Tale As Old As Time: The Back Story


Lord, I can't even begin to express my gratitude for making "Tale As Old As Time" possible. 

Through the preparations for this routine, You taught me so much of what it means to have faith and to always persevere. And that Your plan is PERFECT.

I don't think that it's coincidence that all of my students just happen to physically resemble their characters. I don't think it's coincidence that when Kevin and I came up with the idea of doing Beauty and the Beast in September, the Broadway musical of Beauty and the Beast came to Vancouver in February. I don't think it's coincidence that Kevin was able to condense such a beautiful story/soundtrack into a mix of 7 minutes and 39 seconds and still make the story flow. I don't think it's coincidence that when looking for costumes on Google, I happened to stumble across a school only a 20 min drive away from my house that had just finished their production of Beauty and the Beast the weekend before I e-mailed. I don't think it's coincidence that the price for ALL of these costumes/props was about a quarter of the price of the other costumes that I found. I don't think it's coincidence that all of the costumes fit my students PERFECTLY without any alterations. I don't think it's coincidence that the day before their first competition and I didn't have a Belle gown, I suddenly remembered that my friend Erin Tangco (who is in LOVE with Beauty and the Beast) had a yellow debut gown which she graciously let us borrow; I also don't think it's coincidence that Ia's (Belle) mom came up with the idea to use safety pins to make Erin's gown look almost exactly like Belle's gown!!  All of the details were too perfect and too precise for them to be just "coincidence". 

 I just wanted to say thank You for every single one of my students, for Kevin Locsin- my AMAZING counterpart for this class, for my parents for being sooo incredibly supportive, for Tita Beth for giving me the opportunity to teach Select, for Amber Inglis from D.W. Poppy for letting us rent the costumes, for Erin Tangco and her debut gown, for Mickee Reyes, Missy Reyes, and Alo Galedo for helping with choreography, for Arielle Tuliao for helping us clean the routine, for the courage and patience to take on the ambitious task of making this routine happen, for all the wonderful feedback and support from everyone in PT and those watching, and seriously just EVERYTHING. God, You're so amazing!!! 



A story about a love that transforms, a timeless love, and a love that transcends anything physical....God, this story is truly Yours. Thank You for choosing Sr. Select 2011-2012 to be the ones to proclaim this story of Your immeasurable love through our dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment